Off the back of Sea Shepherd‘s most successful campaign to date,
Operation Zero Tolerance that saved 932 whales,
Sea Shepherd launches Operation Relentless.
It will be Sea Shepherd’s 10th Antarctic whale defence campaign defending at risk whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. During the past nine seasons, Sea Shepherd’s direct-action interventions have saved the lives of more than 4,500 whales and exposed illegal Japanese whaling to the world. With the help of Australians and people around the world, Operation Relentless is shaping up to be a monumental success for the whales.
“Australia is now the focus of the biggest whale saving operation on Earth and funding depends on the generosity of whale loving Australians. These whales are Australia’s responsibility. Sea Shepherd is acting where Governments have failed to intervene in the illegal slaughter of these magnificent creatures,” said Dr Bob Brown, Sea Shepherd board member.
“Sea Shepherd likes that kind of relentless accusation, we like being relentless in the pursuit of finally bring peace to the whales of the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. Sea Shepherd knows that this is a David and Goliath struggle. Our past victories show we have one thing that the whalers do not, and that’s the passion and courage of our crew. No matter what the odds, no matter what the risks, no matter how well equipped, funded and Government backed your opponents are, you must never give in, must never surrender. You must fight for what is right, because the one thing that is worth fighting for on our beautiful planet is life,” said Mr Hansen.
- Sea Shepherd launches Operation Relentless (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)
- Sea Shepherd Announces 10th SOWS Campaign: “Operation Relentless” (cyberwhalewarrior.com)
- Anti-whalers call for cash (nst.com.my)
- Sea Shepherd appeals for donations, legal battles hound them in the US (japandailypress.com)
- Sea Shepherd ask for cash (bigpondnews.com)
- Japan’s whaling institute criticizes Australia for tolerating Sea Shepherd activities (japandailypress.com)
- Praise Conservationists for Least Successful Whale Hunting Season in History (forcechange.com)
- Crime › Sea Shepherd sues Japan whalers in Netherlands for piracy (japantoday.com)