Born on a reservation in Washington state, Alexie has been navigating
the boundaries in American and Native American culture for two decades.
He is the author of 22 books, including The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian,
winner of the 2010 PEN Faulkner Award,
a PEN Hemingway Special Citation winner.
Smoke Signals, the film he wrote and co-produced,
- Sherman Alexie’s Top Ten Native American Poets (billmoyers.com)
- Sherman Alexie (billmoyers.com)
- Sherman Alexie on book banning (holly-troy.com)
- Friday Flix: Smoke Signals (litandscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Sherman Alexie on Living Outside Cultural Borders (amren.com)
- Sherman Alexie : The search for a Positive Native American Identity (theculturetrip.wordpress.com)
- Sherman Alexie on Living Outside of Cultural Borders (peninsulademocrat.wordpress.com)