CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY by Friend Nature
Ethiopian military currently uses RAPE as a weapon. Suspected chemical warfare has influenced President Obama in his decision to provide arms to Syria; systematic RAPE by the military in Ethiopia, used as a war tactic, must be considered by President Obama as a CHRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.
Excerpt from the article by Graham Peebles:
With the international media banned by the Ethiopian government since 2007 and with an economic and aid embargo being enforced the region is totally isolated, making gathering information about the situation within the five affected districts difficult. I recently spent a week in Dadaab where I met dozens of refugees from the Ogaden; men, women and children who repeatedly relayed accounts of murder, rape, torture and intimidation at the hands of government forces. Accounts that if true, – and we have no reason to doubt them, confirm reports from, among others – Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and Genocide Watch – who make clear their view, that the Ethiopian government has “initiated a genocidal campaign against the Ogaden Somali population”, constituting “war crimes and crimes against humanity”.
- Ogaden Refugees Fleeing Government Persecution (counterpunch.org)
- Ogaden Refugees Fleeing Government Persecution: Voices From Dadaab (albanytribune.com)
- State Terrorism – Arbitrary Killings, Rape, Torture, and Destruction of Property by Graham Peebles (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Ogaden Refugees Fleeing Government Persecution (rinf.com)
- Voices From Dadaab: Ogaden Refugees Fleeing Government Persecution (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- OSA’s Appeal Letter to the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon about the Conflict in Eastern Oromia, Ethiopia (freedom4oromia.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopian rebel group ends arms struggle, returns home (sudantribune.com)
- World Report 2013 (dagmawitewodros.com)
- Amnesty International 2013 Report: Ethiopia (sebhatamare.wordpress.com)