Protect our WILDLIFE! Protect Nature from further pollution!
I cannot to Washington D.C.!
I invite you to go if you can!
If you cannot go: Here is a letter for President Obama from the Sierra Club:
Join The #ForwardOnClimate Rally On 2/17!
At 12 Noon on Sunday, February 17, thousands of Americans will head to Washington, D.C. to make Forward on Climate the largest climate rally in history. Join this historic event to make your voice heard and help the president start his second term with strong climate action.
Crippling drought. Devastating wildfires. Superstorm Sandy. Climate has come home – and the American people get it.
The first step to putting our country on the path to addressing the climate crisis is for President Obama to reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. His legacy as president will rest squarely on his response, resolve, and leadership in solving the climate crisis.
Why: To tell Barack Obama it’s time to lead in the fight against climate change, beginning with the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.
For more information about rides, housing and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, visit http://forwardonclimate.org
Just over a year ago, 15,000 people surrounded the White House — and President Obama listened, delaying the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. This is our best chance to show the President how strong this movement has become since then — sign up today.
A project of:
* The Sierra Club, 350.org and the Hip Hop Caucus have no affiliation with Ridebuzz or CouchSurfing. Any and all rides or housing are personal arrangements and neither the Club, Hip Hop Caucus, nor 350.org can protect the leader or participants. While making such arrangements, leaders should remind participants that it is not an official activity and that these three organizations do not assume liability for such personal activity
Send President Obama a Message: The Sierra Club’s link to the letter:******
“We will respond to the threat of climate change,knowing that the failure to do so wouldbetray our children and future generations.”
This is the time for President Obama to lead our country in the fight to Protect Nature.
- Sierra Club … #ForwardOnClimateChange (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Please sign this petition, Climate Change: White House.org (friendnature.wordpress.com)
- Pressure builds for Obama to link oil sands pipelines to climate change (miamiherald.com)
- Keystone XL: pressure on Kerry ahead of meeting with Canada counterpart (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama’s Best Chance to Lead on Climate: Reject Keystone XL (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- Michael Brune: The Day We Move Forward on Climate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Robert Redford: You Can Move Washington, D.C. Forward on Climate Change (huffingtonpost.com)