Posted: 9 April 2013
It’s unbelievable, but Monsanto and Co. are at it again. These profit-hungry biotech companies have found a way to exclusively ‘own’ something that freely belongs to us all — our food! They’re trying to patent away our everyday vegetables and fruits like cucumber, broccoli and melons, forcing growers to pay them and risk being sued if they don’t.
But we can stop them from buying up Mother Earth. Companies like Monsanto have found loopholes in European law to get away with this, so we just need to close them shut before they set a dangerous global precedent. And to do that, we need key countries like Germany, France and the Netherlands — where opposition is already growing — to call for a vote to stop Monsanto’s plans. The Avaaz community has shifted governments before, and we can do it again.
Many farmers and politicians are already against this — we just need to bring in people power to pressure these countries to keep Monsanto’s hands off our food. Sign now and share with everyone to help build the biggest food defense call ever.
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION: http://www.avaaz.org/en/monsanto_vs_mother_earth_loc/?cjLEUdb
- The Shocking Monsanto Protection Act (secretsofthefed.com)
- The Four Steps Required to Keep Monsanto Out of Your Garden (blissmaybe777.wordpress.com)
- ‘Monsanto Protection Act': Chemical monopoly writes its own law (workers.org)
- How To Keep Your Home Garden Monsanto-Free (blacklistednews.com)
- Monsanto Protection Act: What it Means for Pet Food (petcarerx.com)
- Please sign this petition to protect our food supply from Monsanto. I just did. (debbiestrauch.wordpress.com)
- What Every Parent Should Know About Monsanto (prn.fm)